Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 50mins – 1 hr (We do not believe in pressure cooking our mutton. Always cook your meats on slow flat the final result will be worth it, we promise. ) | Serves: 4-6 people
Ingredients Of Mutton Rassa (Kolhapuri Style)
- 500 gms mutton (with bones)
- 250 gms onion,
- finely choppedHalf (dry) coconut,
- grated2 tsp til2 tsp khus khus
- 2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp tikhat (red chilli spice)
- 2 Tbsp chilli powder
-1/2 Tbsp fried garlic1 Tbsp onion paste1 tsp turmeric powder1/2 tsp hingSalt to taste2 cups water
- Heat oil in a heavy based casserole.
- Add turmeric, hing and ginger-garlic paste. Add half of the chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the meat and saute for 10 minutes. Then add the masala and salt - fry for further 5 minutes.
- Stir the meat well till all the water evaporates. Add more water and let it boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce the flame, cover the meat and let it cook.
- Fry the remaining onions till they turn dark brown.
- Dry-roast the coconut. Then run it through a grinder while you add til and khus khus. Add this mix to the meat curry.
- Serve it with mutton pulao , pandra rassa , mutton suke , vada or bajra or jowar bhakhri.