Pomfret - 1 large whole cleaned
Garlic paste - ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp.
Masala Tokri Goan Fish Masala. - 1tsp
Lemon - 1
Salt - as required
Semolina/Rava - ½ cup
Oil - as required
- Add some slits to the pomfret fish so that the masala can get in.
- In a bowl add salt, garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder Masala Tokri Goan Fish Masala and juice of lemon. Mix everything well and the masala paste is ready.
- Sprinkle semolina all the over the fish to evenly coat the fish and gently dab it so that the semolina sticks to the masala. The fish is now ready to be fried.
- Heat the tawa on medium flame. Once the tawa is hot add 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Once the oil is hot gently place the fish on the tawa and drizzle 1 tsp. of oil around the fish and cook it for 1 minute.
- Turn over the fish and drizzle another tsp. of oil around the fish and cook for another minute.
- Turn over the fish and now turn the flame to low. Drizzle oil as required and keep turning the fish every 3-4 minutes so that the fish cooks evenly on all sides.
Cooking the fish on high flame for a minute on both sides and then lowering the flame makes the fish crispy on the outside and retains the juices on the inside making it soft. If you cook the fish on low flame initially then the fish will become hard and dry.
- Check if the fish is cooked and you can turn off the flame.
- Enjoy the pomfret when it is hot with onion-tomato salad on the side and squeeze some lime juice on top.